There could be multiple reasons why you are having difficulty installing the Smart Door Lock. In this article, you will find some simple tips that you can use to solve these problems:
- The Smart Door Lock must be correctly powered: Read the article How do I know if my Smart Door Lock is powered up correctly?. You will hear 2 short beeps when it is powered up. You can insert a Smart Key to check if the product is properly powered. If it doesn’t work, restart the Smart Door Lock (remove and replace the batteries) and try again. - Read the article How do I replace my product's batteries?
- Turn on your smartphone’s Bluetooth.
- If it is an Android, enable the location settings, then choose the high-accuracy location mode.
- Make sure you are in front of your Door Lock when installing it. Your smartphone must be within Bluetooth range of the Netatmo Smart Door Lock (less than 5 metres).
- During the set-up, disconnect all paired Bluetooth devices from your smartphone (speakers, headphones, keyboard, etc.).
- If it is an iPhone, iPad or iPod, authorise the Netatmo Home + Security app to access data from the Home app in your smartphone’s settings.
- If you are an iOS user and a hub (Home Pod, Apple TV) is installed in your HomeKit home, make sure it is turned on and within Bluetooth range of the Netatmo Smart Door Lock. For more information, read the article: How does the installation of a Hub in my HomeKit home affect the use of my Smart Lock?
- If someone else has already set up the product, ask them to invite you to join their home.
- If you don’t know who the owner of the product is, restart the product to its factory settings: Read the article How to reset my Smart Door Lock?
- If the problem persists, the smartphone’s Bluetooth may not be working properly. Restart your smartphone, then try again.
If you are still unable to install your Smart Door Lock, contact us and provide the following details:
- Whether the Smart Door Lock emits 2 short beeps when it is powered up.
- The stage at which the installation freezes and whether any error messages appear: if yes, send us a screenshot of your smartphone.
- If you use an Android or iOS smartphone: specify the model of your smartphone (iPhone 12, Samsung Galaxy S21, etc.) and send us a screenshot of the software information page in your device settings.