HomeKit Secure Video allows your Camera to securely save the video recordings on your iCloud account. The recordings remain available for 10 days in the Home app. These recordings do not count against your storage plan.
- Your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod) needs to be running version 13.2 or higher.
- Your Camera needs to be up to date and configured with HomeKit.
- You need to have an Apple hub at home: an Apple TV, a HomePod or an iPad. It needs to be up to date.
- The number of HomeKit Secure Video cameras you can add to Home depends on your iCloud+ plan.
- 50 GB plan: add a single camera.
- 200 GB plan: add up to five cameras.
- 2 TB plan: add an unlimited number of cameras.
How to enable HomeKit Secure Video:
Make sure your Camera is configured with HomeKit first. Then, open the Home app, tap on the Camera to display the live stream. At the top left corner of the screen, tap on the gear icon to access the Camera settings page. In the "Streaming and recording" section you will be able to choose the "recording" option, which will activate HomeKit Secure Video.
Note: HomeKit Secure Video is available for the Smart Indoor Camera, Smart Outdoor Camera and Smart Outdoor Camera with Siren.