Some Wi-Fi networks are not compatible with the Smart Smoke Alarm:
- Enterprise and public networks.
- 5 GHz-only networks.
- Networks using connection portals.
- Internet Service providers using Carrier-grade NAT (NAT444).
- Some networks using wireless repeaters.
- The Smart Smoke Alarm must be correctly mounted. The red LED should blink every 10 seconds to indicate that the device is working properly. Check the user guide for more details.
- Turn on your smartphone's Bluetooth.
- Turn on your smartphone's Wi-Fi.
- If you are using an Android smartphone, turn on the location in the settings and choose high accuracy for the location method.
- Your smartphone needs to be within Bluetooth range of the Smart Smoke Alarm (10 meters maximum).
- Disconnect all the Bluetooth devices (speakers, headset, keyboard...) paired to your smartphone from its settings during the setup.
- If you are using an iPhone, an iPad or an iPod, authorize the Netatmo Home + Security app to access your Home data from the settings of your smartphone.
- If someone else already configured the product, ask him/her to invite you to join their home.
- If you don't know the owner of the product, perform a factory reset of the product by making a long press on the 'cfg' button at the back of the product. Then configure it yourself.
- If the problem persists, it may be that the smartphone’s Bluetooth is not working properly. Please try to reboot your smartphone and try again.