- Welcome does not work when plugged directly into a USB port except for computer setup.
- Some Wi-Fi networks are not compatible with Netatmo cameras:
- Enterprise and public networks;
- 5GHz-only networks;
- Networks using connection portals;
- Internet Service providers using Carrier-grade NAT (NAT444);
- Some networks using wireless repeaters.
- Check that your smartphone is correctly connected to a valid network before starting a setup
Issues you experience during Welcome setup may be due to several reasons. In this article, we will propose some easy steps to troubleshoot your problem:
- Reboot your router and your smartphone.
- Reboot Welcome (unplug and replug). A green LED should turn on a few seconds.
- If the LED doesn’t turn on there may be an issue with the power adapter. Try another one with the following specifications: micro USB, 2A, 5V.
- If the green LED stays on forever, please contact us.
- Go to your smartphone’s Bluetooth settings and forget, if any, existing accessories named “Welcome”.
- Open the Netatmo Security app and follow the instructions.
- If you try to install Welcome on a Wi-Fi repeater:
- Make sure it doesn’t have the same name (SSID) than your router.
- For testing purposes, try to connect Welcome directly on your router (by changing the network your smartphone is connected on).
- You can also use Ethernet. Plug Welcome into your router using an Ethernet cable.
- If the problem persists, follow our advanced network troubleshooting guide.