- Some Wi-Fi networks are not compatible with Netatmo devices:
- Public and enterprise networks.
- Networks that only use the 5GHz band.
- Networks behind an authentication portal.
- Some networks that use wireless repeaters can cause problems with Netatmo devices.
- Make sure your smartphone/tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network that will be used by the Relay before beginning the installation.
Check that your smartphone is receiving the Wi-Fi signal next to your heating system. If necessary, refer to 'There is no Wi-Fi signal near my heater. What do I do?'.
- The Relay will not work as expected if it is powered by a USB cable, excepted during the initial setup using a computer. It must be plugged to the grid with one of the provided power adapters to operate normally.
Several factors can prevent the Netatmo Relay installation to complete.
In this article, you will find a few simple tips to help you connect your devices:
- Reboot your Wi-Fi router.
- Uninstall the Netatmo app, reboot your smartphone/tablet and install the Netatmo app again. No personal data or settings will be lost in this operation.
- Check the Relay power supply. (How to?).
- If the Relay needs to connect to a Wi-Fi repeater, assign the repeater a name (SSID) different from that of your router. If that still doesn't work, try to connect the Relay directly to your router (by changing the Wi-Fi network your smartphone is connected to). If it works, check the repeater settings.
If you need more help, we recommend that you follow our Advanced network troubleshooting guide.
If your network is correctly configured, please provide us with the following details so that our technical teams can help you with the best efficiency:
- which device was used to do the installation (mobile device or computer)
- its brand and model if it is a mobile device
- its operating system (Android or iOS) as well as its version number
- the error message obtained (a screenshot if possible)