A poorly ventilated room can lead to increased indoor air pollution. It also greatly reduces the ability to concentrate, which is key for students. The Smart Indoor Air Quality Monitor sends notifications to make sure the room is adequately ventilated.
Your Smart Indoor Air Quality Monitor monitors your indoor climate and helps you create a healthier home environment. Smart Indoor Air Quality Monitor measures and provides information about air quality and offers you advice for your room.
Using the app you can:
- View the measured air quality;
- View the measured air quality over the previous 24 hours;
- View the Home Health index;
- Get information about air quality;
- Be alerted immediately on your smartphone when the measurement is not within the proper range.
The air degrades due to the accumulation of gas compounds, dust and mites, molds and bacteria.
The concentration of CO2 produced by human activity indoors is a good indicator of the confinement of the room and of this accumulation. This concentration is measured by the Smart Indoor Air Quality Monitor.
CO2 is measured in ppm (particles per million), that is to say the number of CO2 molecules present among one million air molecules. The levels of CO2 indoors usually vary between 400 and 5000 ppm.
Normal CO2 values
- Outdoor CO2 is always in the order of 400 ppm.
- In a regularly ventilated room, the level of CO2 remains below 1000 ppm.
- In the case of a closed room (a closed meeting room, a small bedroom at night) CO2 can easily exceed 1000 ppm.
Effect of CO2
CO2 is not dangerous for your health in such proportions. However, when it exceeds 1000 ppm, it is a sign that the indoor pollution is high. A simple measure is to ventilate the room. Above 2000 ppm, the concentration of CO2 can provoke drowsiness and mild headaches.
- When the concentration of CO2 exceeds 1150 ppm, a first notification is sent to your smartphone.
- When the concentration of CO2 exceeds 1400 ppm, a second notification is sent to your smartphone.
- When the concentration of CO2 exceeds 1600 ppm, a third notification is sent to your smartphone.