Once your Smart Door Lock is set up in your Home + Security app, only the member of the household who installed the product gets control of the Door Lock. For security reasons, other members of the household will not automatically get control. Instead, they must request it from the household member who has control.
Read the article How do I get/share control of the Smart Door Lock?
A member of the household who has control of the Smart Door Lock can carry out the following actions:
- All actions that can be carried out by members of the household who do not have control of the product,
- Authenticate themselves in the Home + Security app to lock and unlock the Smart Door Lock,
- Access the Smart Door Lock settings in the Home + Security app,
- Create and share invitations with guests,
- Delete Smart Keys from the Smart Door Lock,
- Add a new Smart Key to the Smart Door Lock,*
- Share control of the product with another household member. *
*These actions require the Property Card to be inserted, so you must be near the product.