Note that there are two LEDs under the Camera lens. The one on top indicates the status of the Camera. The one at the bottom is used for infrared night vision. It turns on when it is dark and looks red to the human eye.
The colors below correspond to the status LED also called color LED and can indicate a variety of things.
Note that in order to protect the user’s privacy, any Camera configured with HomeKit will turn on the status LED in red when the Camera is active. The LED will be turned off when the Camera is disabled or turned off. If you prefer to keep the LED off at all times, go to the settings page of your Camera in Apple’s Home app and turn the “Camera Status Light” option off.
- Solid (at boot) – the Camera is starting.
- Solid (the Camera stays in solid green for more than 5 minutes and does not respond in the app) – an error occurred. Please reboot the Camera and try to install it again with the PC Wizard. If the problem persists, contact the Support Team.
- Fast blinking – an SD card has been inserted and is ready to be used.
- Glowing – an SD card has been inserted and is being formatted.
Note: red LED is different from the infrared LED (night vision) as explained above and used for night vision.
- Glowing – someone is watching the live stream. This needs to be enabled from the advanced settings of the Camera (“streaming indicator light”).
- Solid – the Camera is active and configured for streaming and recording. This is the case for any Camera that is configured both in the Home + Security app and HomeKit. This option can be disabled in the settings page of the Camera in Apple’s Home app (“Camera Status Light”). Only available in HomeKit, on iOS 13.2 or higher.
- One blink every 2 seconds - an error occurred. Please reboot the Camera. If the problem persists, contact the Support Team.
- Glowing – the Camera started the pairing mode but is not paired yet. This is used when configuring the Camera on Android or when adding an accessory (Sensors, Siren).
- Solid – the Camera is configured in HomeKit only (Or the Netatmo monitoring has been deactivated). It is active and configured for streaming only. This option can be disabled in the settings page of the Camera in Apple’s Home app (“Camera Status Light”). Only available in HomeKit, on iOS 13.2 or higher.
- Solid (during setup) – the Camera is paired via Bluetooth to a mobile device or an accessory.
- Glowing – the Camera started WiFi or USB pairing mode but is not paired yet.
- Solid – the Camera is paired via WiFi or USB to a mobile device or a PC.
- Solid – the Camera has a problem, please contact the Support Team.
- The Camera is updating its firmware.