Detection of open windows only works if:
- The heating system is equipped with Netatmo Valves, and each of them is updated with the internal software version 79 or above.
- The Open Window Detection feature is enabled.
- The Netatmo Valves are heating up.
Open Window Detection is a feature of the Netatmo Valves which recognises sudden changes in a room's temperature and switches off the heating in that room to avoid wasting energy.
The feature can be activated/deactivated for the Home in the application's settings:
- For Netatmo Energy App: Settings > Operating mode > Open window detection.
- For Home + Control App: Settings > Thermal comfort > Open window detection.
When an open window is detected in a room (allow at least 3 minutes), all the Valves in that room close and the heating is switched off.
You can see rooms with a detected open window:
- In the application.
- On the Valves' screens.
The heating in the room will come back on again:
- If the Valves detect a window has been closed (allow at least 3 minutes).
- After 30 minutes of a window being opened, even if it is still open.
- When you select 'Continue to heat' in the application.
When the heating starts up again, open window detection is disabled for 30 minutes in that room.